Some of the unique features of the DT-X include:
- Multi-channel, multi-frequency capabilities (with no additional components required)
- Digital transducers for improved signal-to-noise ratio and overall superior data quality
- Extremely low side lobe transducers (~ -30dB)
- Electrical energy converted to sound
- Sound transmitted through water, focused on axis
- Sound is reflected by objects with different density than water
- Reflected energy is converted by transducer from mechanical to electrical
- Sound velocity used to convert time-based data into range-based data
- Echosounder receiver amplifies signal and provides quantitative output (display and raw acoustic data)
The components of a complete DT-X echosounder typically include
- DT-X Digital Scientific Echosounder surface unit
- Laptop computer with BioSonics Visual Acquisition data collection software (we recommend Panasonic Toughbook Computers for the ultimate in reliable performance in outdoor conditions)
- One or more DT-X Digital Transducers with Digital Signal Cables
- DGPS sensor
- Transducer Mount or a BioFin Towing Vehicle
- Calibration Sphere (tungsten carbide)
Visual Acquisition– Real-Time Data Acquisition and Playback Software for BioSonics DT-X Ecosounder Systems.
VisAcq Auto Track: Real-Time Add-on module to Visual Acquisition that works as a real-time processing tool and automatically builds and records fish track lists. Simply configure and collect data as usual, then export to CSV file and format the information as needed. It’s that easy and, best of all, it’s automatic…no further analysis or additional software required to obtain usable information for fisheries management. Save hours of valuable time, it’s quick, easy, and automatic.
Visual Habitat: Post-Processing and Data Visualization Software for BioSonics DT-X and MX Echosounder Systems. Bathymetry, Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (SAV), and Bottom Typing. Export to Excel or KML files for GIS mapping and sharing of results. Visualize your results like never before and generate maps in seconds. View synchronized echogram and map views.
Visual Analyzer:For accurate assessment of fish and plankton stocks and for hydroacoustic data interpretation and visualization, Visual Analyzer provides access to information about fish location, quantity, size, behavior, and biomass. Visual Analyzer results can be read directly into a GIS or other applications for further analysis and mapping.
EcoSAV: Processing software for the detection and measurement of submerged aquatic vegetation. The processing algorithms in BioSonics EcoSAV determine bottom depth, plant presence/absence, plant height and areal coverage. Data is geo-referenced and output in a format compatible with most commercially available mapping and GIS software applications.
VBT:BioSonics Visual Bottom Typer ™
BioSonics, Inc. VBT SeaBed Classifer can be used to determine the composition of the seafloor, lakebed or river bottom. Bottom-typing is accomplished through analysis of the bottom echo signal using specialized algorithms . Use VBT to classify the bottom structures present in your hydroacoustic data. VBT will generate georeferenced data files in CSV format which can be readily imported into GIS mapping software.